I believe that same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage falls short of God’s goal (sin) for us. Scripture is very clear on this in both the old and new testament (covenants) books.
- “In marriage a man becomes one flesh with a woman—no longer two individuals.” ~Jesus
- “Haven’t you read in your Bible that the Creator originally made man and woman for each other, male and female? And because of this, a man leaves father and mother and is firmly bonded to his wife, becoming one flesh—no longer two bodies but one. Because God created this organic union of the two sexes, no one should desecrate his art by cutting them apart.” ~Jesus
- Jesus was clear that it is men and women who marry.
The recently signed Nashville Statement declares in Article One that:
- WE AFFIRM that God has designed marriage to be a covenantal, sexual, procreative, lifelong union of one man and one woman, as husband and wife, and is meant to signify the covenant love between Christ and his bride the church.
- WE DENY that God has designed marriage to be a homosexual, polygamous, or polyamorous relationship. We also deny that marriage is a mere human contract rather than a covenant made before God.
Some items of interest
- Sex-abuse crisis in US Catholic Church is about homosexuality, not pedophilia — Publish August 21, 2018
- Meet Lucy McHale, the Rosa Parks of Rosa Parks Middle School – Read more …
- Episcopal Church says all same-sex couples can now marry in their home churches — Published August 20, 2018
- Same-sex ‘marriage’ doesn’t improve LGBT health: Study — Published 8/5/2018
- While You Probably Think Same-Sex Attraction Is Fixed, Researchers Don’t — Article published July 24, 2018.